The Corporate Risk Management Association, established on April 28 2009, gathers all risk management professionals operating in the non-financial industries of Turkey under the same roof and aims to:
* Strengthen corporate performance by making risk management, insurance and related concepts effective and widely applicable,
* Make contributions to the development to the national economy,
* Increase professional collaboration and recognition
In order to achieve its objectives, the Corporate Risk Management Association carries out the following activities:
* Carrying out efforts to organize risk and insurance management activities in Turkey, improve their qualities and standardize them, and making sure that they are applied in practice;
* Organizing or contributing to educational and training programs, seminars, symposiums and conferences related to both training and professional development of its members,
* Carrying out purpose and work area research with sub-committees and expert groups to be established within the association; making examinations and investigations; determining wishes and proposals; establishing research and development centers; constituting a data bank; creating and implementing income-generating projects on purpose and service matters.
The Corporate Risk Management Association aims to establish and sustain the concept of Corporate Risk Management in all non-financial sectors, additionally, aims to be a platform that makes information available on the improvement of risks and opportunities data gathered by the exploration and research of not only financial but also non-financial (legal, reputation, human resources, etc.) issues in the globalized and ever-changing environment.
It is Corporate Risk Management Association’s vision to bring together all risk management professionals from non-financial industries in Turkey under the same roof in order to enhance collaboration and raise awareness, furthermore, to increase the performance of institutions by making risk management, insurance and related concepts effective and widely applicable, thus contributing to the development of the national economy.
Since October 2009, the Corporate Risk Management Association has become a member of FERMA-Federation of European Risk Management Associations, which was established in 1974 and has more than 4,000 individual members. Furthermore, with its membership to FERMA, our association aims to create a common culture regarding Risk Management and Insurance operations in Europe, additionally, develop practices for risk management, and set an international benchmark for professionals in this field. Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA) membership is crucial for the Corporate Risk Management Association to exchange experiences and information among organizations with a similar vision in European countries. Moreover, the Corporate Risk Management Association will have the opportunity to represent our country via this membership on an international setting where each country is represented by a single association.
Our Board of Directors
Sevgi Ç. Özyılmaz